Through careful study, assessment, and planning, it has been determined that updates to and an expansion of the chapter house of Kappa Kappa Gamma at the University of Oklahoma are necessary. Working with Krittenbrink Architects of Norman, Oklahoma, and AC Owens Construction of Edmond, Oklahoma, the Beta Theta House Board and undergraduate leadership have come up with a plan to address the long-term needs of their beloved Kappa home. The vision is grounded in ensuring a strong future for generations of Beta Theta women to come.
- The additions will add 8,955 square feet, bringing the total square footage to 34,440.
- The leadership wing on the first floor will have room for seven women.
- The guest room and bathroom will be updated to be ADA compliant.
- The second floor will sleep 42 and the third floor will sleep 43, bringing total capacity to 92.
- Individual bedrooms will be reconfigured to enhance study areas with new desks and beds.
- The dining room will seat 128 and have the ability to open up to both the library and formal living room for large events.
- The recreation room on the first floor will become a library and additional study/lounge areas will be created on each floor to include progressive internet technology.
- The kitchen will be updated and expanded to include a 24/7 kitchenette and serving area.
- We will update lighting, sconces, and chandeliers throughout the house.
- Windows on the second and third floors will be replaced as needed.
- For the safety of our members, we will install new security lighting and cameras outside the house, and we will update electrical throughout the house to bring it up to code.
- The HVAC system will be replaced or enhanced as engineer directs.
- The roof will be replaced and roof line and drainage updated; the two recessed dormers will be replaced with three new dormers.
- A new door and emergency fire exit will be added from fourth floor study hall, which will remain as is.
- All current antiquated plumbing will be capped and new plumbing will be added for all bathrooms and kitchen.
- Two French doors will be added to the front porch. The columns will also be replaced.