After celebrating their Centennial in 2019, the Oklahoma Beta Chapter House Corporation determined it was time to address the long-term needs of their beloved chapter house at 324 S. Cleveland in Stillwater, OK. Initially, the volunteer leadership believed a renovation was the best use of alumnae funds; however, after completing a building assessment and surveying over 100 influential alumnae they determined the best plan was to rebuild the chapter house. Not only would this ensure Oklahoma Beta continues to be a top tier organization at OSU, but it was also the more cost-effective option in the long term.
Oklahoma Beta has a storied tradition at OSU – recruiting some of the best and brightest young women at OSU. This project focuses on creating more efficient, effective, and modern spaces for the young women of Pi Beta Phi to learn and grow together. The alumnae leadership’s goal throughout this entire process has been – and continues to be – developing a place where future Pi Phis can develop their own Sincere Friendships and grow into confident young women.
Oklahoma Beta’s new house is 30,000 square feet and includes:
- Bedroom configurations include: 2-, 4-, 6-, and 8-member rooms
- Modern and updated kitchen
- Dining room to accommodate the entire membership
- Chapter room to accommodate the entire membership
- Large, open areas to support Recruitment, Bid Day and Homecoming activities
- Board room complete with state-of-the-art technology
- Study spaces throughout
- Arts Education room
- Private lounge spaces
- Enhanced security
- ADA compliance
- Laundry facilities
- Heritage Gallery
- Safe room/shelter to accommodate entire membership
- Updated House Director Suite with full kitchen
The chapter broke ground on their new Pi Phi home on April 29th and construction will run through July 2024 with the new house opening for fall recruitment 2024. Oklahoma Beta is proud to share their capital campaign is the largest sorority chapter campaign ever completed – and they are still working with an aggressive goal of $9.5M!