The Alpha Psi Chapter at Missouri Science & Technology was founded October 8, 1949. Its 29 charter members were initiated by members of the Iota Club (Washington University in St. Louis).
The first house was located on State Street (North of the TKE house) and initiated another 30 young men at various times in the the following year.
In the early morning of November 14, 1971, a malfunction in the furnace started a fire that resulted in the loss of the original chapter house. After demolition, the chapter broke ground for the new house (current dining and kitchen facilities) in the spring of 1972 with plans
to revamp the annex at a later date. Despite those plans, the Theta Chi property has remained virtually unchanged since the 1972 rebuild. Through a successful fraternity fundraising campaign, that is about to change.
New 13,500 square-foot house
New sidewalks and patio
New parking lot