Second Campaign Raised $1,676,743
The Omicron alumnae of Alpha Phi were surveyed to determine the potential for a large-scale project and what it would take to make such a project happen. Working with Pennington & Company, they found that over 90% of the interviewed alumnae believed this project was essential to the chapter’s continued success. They determined that as the Greek community at the University of Missouri continues to evolve, they needed to evolve their home to ensure it is a place where future Alpha Phi members can develop their own sincere friendships and grow into strong, capable young women.
After a successful fundraising campaign, Omicron Chapter cut the ribbon on their new home in fall 2022. The Alpha Phi lot encompasses the current property on Providence Road, the building just south of the Alpha Phi house, and the current Alpha Phi annex on Curtis Avenue. All three properties were torn down to accommodate the new chapter house. Project highlights include:
- Parking increased by roughly 20% and includes 40 spaces.
- Kitchen and serving areas designed for maximum efficiency to meet the needs of a chapter of more than 200 members.
- The Grand Hall, the new dining and event space, features enough seating for 128-260 depending on the configuration of the furniture.
- Suite-style rooms for chapter officers and three-girl rooms, as requested by members.
- Bed spaces to accommodate up to 86 members—an increase from the previous count of 74 in the house and annex combined.
- Lounge and study areas on every floor, which provide more spaces for members to foster sisterhood and be with one another.
- An Alumnae Lounge that opens to a balcony above the columns that includes a beautiful outdoor space for member events.
- An elevator for accessibility to all areas of the house and ADA compliance.
- A convertible area designed to have enough space for lectures and other educational programs for up to 350 members.
- Open spaces providing study, lecture, arts and crafts, and fitness areas, as well as guest quarters.
Highlights coming soon